Thursday, November 19, 2015

Letter Writing: A Lost Art

When was the last time you sent a letter to someone?
Letter writing is a valuable form of communication that is too often neglected. I mean why take the time to write out a letter, figure out the address of the recipient, and pay a whopping 50 cents for a stamp?


Although the convenience of text messaging, phone conversations, and even e-mails are definitely dominant forms of communication in this day and age, there is just something so special about receiving a letter. 
Need some reasons to send out a letter?

Because letter writing takes "so much more" work than most other communicational outlets, whenever I receive a letter, I get the sense that the sender really cares about me. So when I want to let someone else know that I care about how they are doing, letter writing is the perfect way to do so.

Probably my favourite reason to write a letter is stationary, one of the loves of my life. This may just be me, but there is something about stationary that draws me in and motivates me to write more letters. Or if you want to get creative, make your own note cards or stationary with some good quality cardstock and a gel pen!

Here are a few inspiring note cards:


These floral note cards are not only adorable, but also eco-friendly!
{$15.50/12 cards}


How cool are these Personalized notes? I love the color scheme!
{$12.00/10cards}




I adore the font on this set of minimalistic personalized stationary! Yes please!
{15.00/12}

And although a response should never be expected, many times, when you write a letter, you'll receive one in response! Talk about exciting!


So go ahead, and write that letter. It will be well worth the the time, effort, and postage!
~Liesl


No comments:

Post a Comment