Saturday, November 21, 2015

The Best Creamy Peanut Butter

It seems like everywhere, I am seeing the instructions for making one-ingredient peanut butter. The whole "one ingredient" thing is convenient, but since I grew up on the hydrogenated-oil laden stuff, the taste of the peanut-only peanut butter just doesn't cut it. Who is with me? Because if you are, this recipe is for you.
By simply adding a few extra ingredients, I was able to manipulate the flavor of this peanut butter to mimic its store-bought cousin. The flavor was not an exact match, but I actually thought that the taste was superior to what I grew up on. (Thanks, vanilla extract!)

Note: You will need a high powered food processor to make this get to the best consistency. I use a Ninja system.

The Best Peanut Butter
2 c. Dry Roasted Unsalted Peanuts
1 Tbsp. Coconut Oil
1 Tbsp. Agave Nectar*
1 tsp. Vanilla extract
1 pinch salt

Process all ingredients an a strong food processor until desired consistancy is reached. First, it will become coarse like sand. The it will become a thick paste, like Play-Doh. Keep on processing until it becomes more like a liquid.
Store refrigerated in an airtight container for up to two weeks.

Feel free to play around with the ratios if you so desire.
*honey or maple syrup can be substituted.
~Liesl


No comments:

Post a Comment